SURVEY: Who are you?

SURVEY: Who are you?

We here at The Alamedan are looking for a little information about our audience. To help us, please take this quick - and anonymous - six-question survey. The information will be used to inform our efforts and as part of a package we're assembling for potential sponsors. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Comments

Submitted by Shivaun Nestor (not verified) on Mon, Sep 16, 2013

I tried to fill out the survey but wasn't able to as there was no scrolling function on the frame that the survey was in. So I wasn't given access to all of the choices for question 2 on. I am 57 years old, btw.

Submitted by Michele Ellson on Mon, Sep 16, 2013

Hi Shivaun - I'm wondering if you clicked the screen shot above instead of the survey below? Let me know - if you're not seeing the slider that allows you to scroll, I need to fix that. Thanks!

Submitted by Sue Spiersch (not verified) on Mon, Sep 16, 2013

Sorry but I don't give my income information to anyone. There should be a "prefer not to answer" option.

Submitted by alan pomeroy (not verified) on Mon, Sep 16, 2013

The survey doesn't seem to consider "other" as a response to the occupation question. The correct answer to the question for me is "retired", which is not listed. In order to get the survey to submit, I selected "Management", which was my previous occupation.

Submitted by Michele Ellson on Mon, Sep 16, 2013

Thanks Alan, and apologies for that. I wasn't able to fix it, so I took it out as an option.

Submitted by Michele Ellson on Mon, Sep 16, 2013

Thanks, Sue. Just so you know, the survey is anonymous - so I don't have identifying information (eg name, e-mail) attached to the responses.

Submitted by Gil (not verified) on Tue, Sep 17, 2013

As a writer for the Alameda Sun,(Alameda Epicure, People Behaving Nicely, Alameda In Spirit)I've asked this question for
many years. Who reads this stuff?

I've written over 100 columns, and gotten maybe five responses
from Alamedans over the years.

Is the content not compelling enough? Am I a crappy writer? Does anyone actually read the Sun? Who knows?

Black Sabbath has a great tune called "Into The Void."
Whenever I write a column, and hit my "send" button to the Sun,
I think of that tune.
Why do I write? Who knows?
Namaste,
Gil

Submitted by Charles (not verified) on Wed, Sep 18, 2013

@Gil
Maybe it's because you're "not verified" :)

Submitted by Gale (not verified) on Fri, Sep 20, 2013

I didn't see the scroll bar either, until I widened my browser window.

Jon Spangler's picture
Submitted by Jon Spangler on Tue, Oct 1, 2013

It's 10/1 and I'm having trouble with the survey, too. Could you redo it and just give us a link to the standalone survey instead of trying to embed it here? Thanks, Jon

Submitted by Mary Ellen McMuldren (not verified) on Tue, Oct 1, 2013

I can't do your survey either.

Submitted by Michele Ellson on Tue, Oct 1, 2013

Hey Jon and Mary Ellen: Apologies for the trouble. Here's a link address: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6JD8HCX. Please let me know if this works!